Shiitake mushroom is a delicious and healthy mushroom native to the Far East. However, they are now found throughout the world. Shiitake mushroom (Lentinula edodes) is esteemed for both its health-supporting properties and its culinary value. Our Shiitake kits are super-boosted to give the most prolific harvests. Shiitake mushrooms can be harvested at 2-week intervals for up to 4 months. A 10–30 °C environment is desirable. This variety of shiitake mushroom can sustain the freezing Alberta winter and potentially fruiting for years when additional nutrition for mushroom mycelium is provided.
Nutrition and wellness fact:
A variety of research shows that Shiitake mushrooms contain compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties. With a decent nutritional profile and some impressive health benefits, this edible mushroom is an excellent choice for any diet. It also provides a substantial amount of the essential mineral, copper. It also appears to support weight loss, improve immunity, and having anti-cancer effects in animal studies and human clinical trials.
Step-by-step guide on how to use your Mushroom Grow Kits
- Cut a 1 inch x shape on the plastic bag covering the substrate
- Soak the plastic bag with the x shape cut facing down in cold water for 12 hours
- Sit bag in a bowl of water and mist the whole plastic bag generously 2-4 times a day
- Pick the whole cluster of mushrooms when the caps flatten and enjoy
- Start a new cycle by repeating step 2