King Oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus Eryngii) stand out among a dizzying variety of colors, shapes and sizes of oyster mushrooms. The King Oyster is unique for its stately appearance and culinary flexibility because of its round cap and defined stem. King Oyster mushrooms can be quite large, sometimes producing large single or double fruits from the grow kit. Their stem is highly desired for culinary uses. You can allow the stem to grow large by lowering the light intensity and reducing fresh air exposure.
Step-by-step guide on how to use your Mushroom Grow Kits
- Cut a 1 inch x shape on the plastic bag covering the substrate
- Soak the plastic bag with the x shape cut facing down in cold water for 12 hours
- Sit bag in a bowl of water and mist the whole plastic bag generously 2-4 times a day
- Pick the whole cluster of mushrooms when the caps flatten and enjoy
- Start a new cycle by repeating step 2