Chestnut Mushroom Grow Kit
Chestnut mushroom kits, though reliable, may take extra time and attention to produce mushrooms. The ideal temperature is at 20 °C or cooler and the ideal humidity level is higher compared to other mushroom varieties. Using a humidity tent maybe helpful as long as there are enough holes on it for proper air exchange.
Chestnut mushrooms are small and amber-brown. They have an earthy, forest flavor and a crunchy texture. The beautiful, light brown color and glossy, moist texture of this mushroom adds an enchanting dimension to culinary creations. They are often used in miso soup, stew and sauté.
Nutrition and wellness fact:
Chestnut mushrooms have been found to help stimulate the immune system, lower LDL cholesterol, and provide anti-cancerous and anti-depression protection.
Step-by-step guide on how to use your Mushroom Grow Kits
- Cut a 1 inch x shape on the plastic bag covering the substrate
- Soak the plastic bag with the x shape cut facing down in cold water for 12 hours
- Sit bag in a bowl of water and mist the whole plastic bag generously 2-4 times a day
- Pick the whole cluster of mushrooms when the caps flatten and enjoy
- Start a new cycle by repeating step 2