Nameko Mushroom Grow Kit
Nameko mushroom kits, though reliable, may take extra time and attention to produce mushrooms. The ideal temperature is at 15 °C or cooler and the ideal humidity level is higher compared to other mushroom varieties. Using a humidity tent is helpful as long as there are enough holes on it for proper air exchange.
Nameko mushrooms are small and amber-brown. They have an earthy, forest flavor and a thin layer of gelatin on their caps, which forms a sort of glaze when cooking with them. The beautiful, bright-orange color and glossy, moist texture of this mushroom adds an enchanting dimension to culinary creations. They are often used in miso soup and sauté.
Nutrition and wellness fact:
Nameko mushrooms have been found to help stimulate the immune system, lower LDL cholesterol, and provide anti-cancerous and anti-depression protection.
Step-by-step guide on how to use your Mushroom Grow Kits
- Cut a 1 inch x shape on the plastic bag covering the substrate
- Soak the plastic bag with the x shape cut facing down in cold water for 12 hours
- Sit bag in a bowl of water and mist the whole plastic bag generously 2-4 times a day. This step is to generate enough humidity for the mushroom to grow without drying out. Covering or grow room is not a good idea as it limits the fresh air mushrooms can get.
- Pick the whole cluster of mushrooms when the caps flatten and enjoy
- Start a new cycle by repeating step 2