Shiitake mushroom is a delicious and healthy mushroom native to the Far East. However, they are now found throughout the world. Shiitake mushroom (Lentinula edodes) is esteemed for both its health-supporting properties and its culinary value. Our Shiitake kits are super-boosted to give the most prolific harvests. Shiitake mushrooms can be harvested at 2-week intervals for up to 4 months. A 10–30 °C environment is desirable. This variety of shiitake mushroom can sustain the freezing Alberta winter and potentially fruiting for years when additional nutrition for mushroom mycelium is provided.
Step-by-step guide on how to use your Mushroom Grow Kits
1. For our Shiitake mushroom kit, we recommend remove the plastic bag completely. Soaking in water for 12 hours.
2. Shiitake mycelium takes much longer to be ready to fruit and when they are mature, the white mycelium turns brown, we call it “browning”. It is a healthy and ready to fruit indication of the mycelium block.
3. Place the mushroom block in a bowl of water but lifted it above water with two forks.
4. Maintain the environment moist with relative humidity of 80% and temperature 10-30 C. Fresh air is desirable for healthy mushroom fruits.
5. Shiitake mushrooms may take a bit longer to mature than 7 days. Harvest when the cap get flatten out.