(Turkey Tail Mushrooms)
Turkey Tail mushrooms, have long been sought after for their beneficial properties for thousands of years. Temperature range 10-25 °C is preferred. They grow very slowly with continuous growth within 1 year. This mushroom is generally broken up, sliced, or powdered and steeped in simple teas or tinctures. Its flavor is bitter, but pleasant to most people. They aren't considered culinary, however, you can add a few pieces of dried Turkey Tail into soup stocks to infuse the broth with its medicinal properties.
Step-by-step guide on how to use your Mushroom Grow Kits
- Cut a 1 inch x shape on the plastic bag covering the substrate
- Soak the plastic bag with the x shape cut facing down in cold water for 12 hours
- Sit bag in a bowl of water and mist the whole plastic bag generously 2-4 times a day
- Pick the whole cluster of mushrooms when the caps reach the size of 3-4 cm
- Start a new cycle by repeating step 2